Holiday Branding Strategy: Protect your brand by protecting your employees
Protecting your brand in the chaos of the holidays starts with protecting your employees.
When it comes to a holiday branding strategy, here’s a crucial element that is often overlooked, although it is important year-round: you cannot have happy customers without happy employees. Whether you’re a B2B or B2C company, this axiom is particularly true during the holidays.
This time of year (while joyous and full of celebration) is a stressful time for many. Buying presents, hosting in-laws, making sure the kids get just the right gifts, they all come with their own stressors. Add to that, trying to do your best working with customers who are also stressed and you have a recipe for a damaged brand, hold the gravy.
So, to protect your employees throughout this holiday season, take stock of your colleagues and make certain they know you care. Here are a few tips:
- Acknowledge that the holiday season can get stressful and voice your appreciation for their focus on keeping customers happy
- Reach out to them and check in on how they’re doing and instruct your managers to do so as well
- Say “thank you” more than usual or send quick emails or texts to acknowledge their work
- Engage an employee assistance program, such as theeap.com or lifeworks.com.
- Plan a celebration early in the new year to show your gratitude.
There are a lot of reasons why it’s important to have engaged and happy employees — particularly in the holiday season. Having happy customers which, in turn, leads to a strong brand is an important one.
Treating people with kindness when they need it, however, is its own gift.
Spencer Brenneman, LLC