BRANDING BULLETIN JULY/AUGUST 2019: THE SUMMER ISSUE
Summer Reading, our latest White Paper, and more!
How the Summer Months Can Lead to a Better Brand
Have they started yet? Have the out of office messages from colleagues started to come in, reminding you that not a lot is going to get done throughout July and August? No matter.
There’s a lot to do in July and August, not the least of which is creating a better brand strategy. “But how?” you ask. “None of us are ever here at the same time in the summer! Someone is always on vacation!”
Six Summer Suggestions
Fair enough! But that doesn’t mean working towards a better brand has to wait for the return to business as usual. Here are six suggestions for keeping the momentum going in between trips to the beach and family vacations.
Solo Identity: Why Brand Strategy is a Must-Have for Consultants, Freelancers, and Solopreneurs.
It has never been easier for people to become self-employed or take advantage of the emerging gig economy. There are currently 41.8 million US adults that identify as consultants, freelancers, or solopreneurs—part or full-time—contributing more than $1.3 trillion annually to the economy.
Irrespective of industry, every one of these people has something in common: they can all benefit from a strong brand.
School of Branding: Build Your Consulting Brand!
This summer, we are releasing, in beta, our newest addition to the Spencer Brenneman School of Branding, “Blueprint to Building Your Consulting Brand: A proven path to a long and successful consulting business!” The course shows existing and would-be consultants on how to:
- Talk about why your work matters and how you are different
- Find someone to create a logo that aligns with your business
- Create the core elements of your message such as a one-sentence description and an elevator pitch
- Develop and maintain a website
- Create a content marketing program to promote and validate your work.
If you’re interested in taking part in the beta launch, let us know!
In Case You Missed Them!
The annual Bring Your Dog to Work Day endeavors to include our four-legged friends in our workdays. But, does it make sense for you brand?
Numbers to Consider
Percent of workers felt more distracted during the summer months.
Percent of workers said summer Fridays or summer hours felt more productive, not less.
Percent of companies offer 4 day work week summer hours.
Heading to the beach? Have some downtime to spend with a good book? Here are recommendations from some of the Spencer Brenneman crew:
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- Machines of Loving Grace: The Quest for Common Ground Between Humans and Robots by John Markoff
- Business Biographies and Memoirs: 6 Manuscripts: Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Jack Ma, Richard Branson by JR MacGregor
- Do They Care? The one question all brands should ask themselves, continually. By Douglas Spencer
Quote of the Month
“One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.”